*Reminder: Only new skaters need attend*
Join us 1:00pm-3:00pm on May 20th and 6:30-8:00pm on June 13th to learn about Omaha Junior Roller Derby. OJRD is a CO-ED derby league for skaters ages 8-17. No prior roller derby experience is required to participate in our non-competitive sessions.
Although we don’t expect incoming skaters to be experts, we absolutely recommend picking up some basic skating skills before training camp starts. Both Skate City in Bellevue and Skate Daze in Omaha offer skating lessons and open skate times where tomorrow’s derby kid can get a head start on skating today! The first season of roller derby can be overwhelming for new skaters if, in addition to learning the rules of the game and derby specific skills, they must also learn how to simply skate. Getting your kids some skating time in advance sets them up for success!
Our Fall Session costs $100. This fee covers your skater insurance and team shirt. It also contributes towards rental of our practice facility, and other league expenses. Skaters must provide their own gear, a birth certificate for skater insurance purposes (or other form of legal identification such as their own driver’s license, state id, military id, passport, etc,) and a photocopy of their major medical insurance card.
Quad Skates (No Inlines!)
A well-fitted multi-impact helmet
Elbow pads and knee pads (the hard shell kind with lots of padding)
Questions? Send us a message here or an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• January 14th – 24th: Winter Session Training Camp (Tuesday’s 6-8pm & Saturday’s 10am-noon)
• January 28th – March 25th: Session (Tuesday’s 6-8pm & Saturday’s 10am-1pm)
• April 4th – July 8th (Tuesday’s 6-8pm & Saturday’s 10am-1pm)
• August 5th – August 15th: Fall Session Training Camp (Tuesday’s 6-8pm & Saturday’s 10am-noon)
• August 19th – October 14th: Session (Tuesday’s 6-8pm & Saturday’s 10am-1pm, depending on the age group)